Grapefruit in your salad DOES work, and not only does it work, it tastes amazing! If you haven’t tried it yet, I recommend that you try it right now.
You can really add whatever you like to this salad. You can change the type of nuts, or omit them completely. If you do, I recommend adding crunchy chickpeas to it for the added crunch. Segmenting the grapefruit is really easy. You simply cut the peel off the grapefruit, and with a knife, cut the fruit in between each membrane.
Grapefruit & Avocado Salad
A delicious winter salad
- 4 Cups Lettuce (favorite kind)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Grapefruit (peeled & cut into segments)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Pecans (can use whatever nut you prefer)
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan (optional)
- ½ Grapefruit (juiced, approx ¼ Cup)
- 3 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- ¼ – ½ tsp Freshly Grated Ginger
Combine all the salad ingredients and toss lightly.
For the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients. Pour desired amount onto the salad.